Proceeds raised by HopeWalks benefit the Integrative Support Services offered at the Vernon Cancer Center. Newton-Wellesley Hospital wants to make these services available to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
As HopeWalks is a fundraiser, it is recommended that walkers raise a minimum of $100 to support the Vernon Cancer Center. All walkers who raise $500+ are considered "Super" walkers, and those who raise $1,000+ are considered "Power" walkers.
The following fundraising tips can help you reach your goal:
- Start or join a team. Team up with your friends, family, co-workers, sports team, community organization, etc. By joining a team, you can work together to increase your fundraising results.
- Create your own fundraising page. Be sure to create your own fundraising page at www.nwh.org/hopewalks so that friends and family can easily donate to your walk online. Customize your page with photos and stories of hope. You can also send personalized e-mails to ask for support.
- Set a fundraising goal. Your goal should be realistic, but don’t hesitate to set the bar high.
- Make a list of potential supporters. There are certain people that you know you can depend on for support. Don't forget: parents, grandparents, siblings, other relatives, spouses, partners, roommates, colleagues, teachers, and neighbors!
- Write a fundraising letter. Let your family, friends, colleagues, and others know that you are participating in HopeWalks and are looking for their support. The letter can be sent in the mail or by email. Walkers can easily send emails through their personal fundraising page. Don't be afraid to ask more than once!
- Make your own donation. This is just one more way to show your commitment to HopeWalks and the life-enhancing services this event supports.
- Ask about your company’s matching gift program. A simple way to increase your donation is to see if your company matches donations. Contact your Human Resources department for more information. If they match gifts, please mail a matching gift form to: HopeWalks, Newton-Wellesley Hospital Charitable Foundation, 2014 Washington Street, Newton, MA 02462.
- Use social media. Using Facebook, Twitter, or other social networking sites can be a great way to let people know that you are participating in HopeWalks and gain additional fundraising support. Be sure to "Like" the HopeWalks Facebook page and follow us on Twitter @NWHHopeWalks.
- Download a Cash/Check Donations Form. While many of your supporters will make their gift using our secure website, some will prefer to give you cash or a check. Use this form to keep a record of the "offline" gifts you receive. Bring this form and all cash/checks to the Check-In tent on walk day or mail to the address shown on the form.
Best of luck in your efforts!
If you have any questions about how to get started, please email email@example.com.